Tell-Tale Signs of an Impending Landslide:
- Doors or windows stick or jam for the first time.
- New cracks appear in plaster, tile, brick, or foundations.
- Outside walls, walks, or stairs begin pulling away from the building.
- Slowly developing, widening cracks appear on the ground or on paved areas such as streets and driveways.
- Underground utility lines break.
- Bulging ground appears at the base of a slope.
- Ground water seeps to the surface in new locations.
- Fences, retaining walls, utility poles, or trees tilt or move.
- You hear a faint, rumbling sound that increases in volume in one specific direction and may begin shifting in that direction under your feet.