LA SOUFRIÈRE BULLETIN #74 APRIL 21, 2021 6:00 PM
- Seismic activity at La Soufrière Volcano continued the pattern established after the explosive activity on April 18.
- Small long-period and hybrid earthquakes continued to be recorded, with their rate of occurrence increasing gradually over the last 24 hours. The network also recorded a few rockfalls and volcano-tectonic earthquakes.
- No seismic tremor has been recorded in the last 24 hours.
- Since the initial depressurization noted immediately following the April 9 explosive phase, the continuous GPS network has recorded a decrease in the overall rates of horizontal and vertical movement.
- The volcano continues to erupt. Its pattern of seismic activity over the last few days is typical of the growth and destruction of lava domes.
- Explosions with accompanying ashfall, of similar or larger magnitude, can occur with little or no warning.